Extended Amnesty for Late Filing – Companies’ Registry
Please be advised that The Companies Registry of Trinidad and Tobago has extended the amnesty for the late filing of the below documents from June 30, 2021 to January 5, 2022.
Please note that in accordance with the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2019, failure to meet the filing requirement of the Return of Beneficial Interest in the Shares of a Company by the deadline date will result in the company, every director and officer, and the shareholder/beneficial owner being liable to a fine of TT$10,000 and 3 years imprisonment, plus TT$300 for each day your documents remain outstanding.
The Beneficial Owner is the natural person who is the ultimate owner of the company, or the natural person who exercises control over the company.
This requirement applies to locally incorporated limited liability companies only (not externally registered companies).
We wish to remind you that, pursuant to the provisions of the Companies Act, 1995, there are certain documents required to be filed within prescribed time frames.
Documents required include but are not limited to the following:
- Annual Return – to be filled not later than thirty (30) days after the anniversary date of incorporation, Continuance or Amalgamation – whichever is the latest
- Notice of Change of Directors – to be filed within thirty (30) days of change (appointment or resignation)
- Notice of Change of Address of Registered Office – to be filed within fifteen (15) days of change
- Notice of Change of Secretary or Assistant Secretary – to be filed within thirty (30) days of such change (appointment or resignation)
- Notice of Execution or Termination of a Unanimous Shareholders Agreement – to be filed within fifteen (15) days of execution or termination
- Articles of Amendment (pertaining to any fundamental changes to the Articles) – to be filed within thirty (30) days of such change.
Penalties for Late Filing
Pursuant to the provisions of the Companies Act, 1995, it is an offence to file statutorily required corporate documents outside of the time prescribed by the Act. The Registrar shall impose a penalty in the sum of $300.00 per month or part thereof for failure to file documents within the prescribed time